Fun in the Fall!
The Fall season is finally here and we are so excited! As the weather begins to cool down from the high summer heat, we love spending time outdoors and having fun. There are always a lot of activities going on in our communities this time of year.
Here are just a few of the things to indulge in this fall season:
• Have a “soup-er” party! Invite your friends over and have everyone bring their favorite soup recipe to share. Serve up some hot cider and homemade bread as well.
• Ready for some friendly competition? Gather up your fellow friends and have a game night – complete with snacks and prizes. Everyone can contribute by bringing their own fall-favorite side dish.
• Decorate your home for Fall! This is a great activity to do with grandchildren or other family members and friends. Get some pumpkins and gourds to carve, or make a Fall wreath for your front door.
• Make caramel apples: Caramel apples are a delicious treat that's perfect for fall. Just dip apples in melted caramel, then roll them in nuts, candy, or whatever else you like. Let them cool and enjoy!
• Get your creative juices flowing with some Fall-themed arts and crafts. There are tons of cute ideas online for things like painted pumpkins, Thanksgiving-themed decorations, and more.
Here is a great website to check out
• Take advantage of the season’s produce and go on a Fall-themed scavenger hunt at your local farmer’s market. See how many different types of squash, apples, and pumpkins you can find, and then get creative with recipes for using them all.
As we age, it's important to keep our mind active. Not only will this help keep you sharp, but it can also be a lot of fun! That is why doing any of the fun activities listed above would be a great way to transition into this fall season.